I just had to share these cards that I made for a friend, special thanks to Karen for getting me to blog again.
The Punch Art Giraffe was absolutely adorable and after making over 80 of them, I have to share how they were made and the little tricks I learned.
The Tools needed.
- 1/8" Circle Punch
- 1/4" Circle Punch
- 1/2" Circle Punch
- 1-1/4" Circle Punch
- Large Oval Punch (3/4" x 1-1/2")
- Yellow, Orange, Pink and Brown Cardstock.
The pieces used to create the giraffe include:
Assembling the Giraffe
1. Ears: The ears are made from a 1-1/4" yellow punched circle and a 1-1/4" brown punched circle.
a. Outer ear: Using a Yellow 1-1/4" circle, punch 2 outer ear parts from the Yellow circle by sliding the punched circle about a quarter of the way into the 1-1/4" circle punch. The sequence of pictures below demonstrate this technique.
b. Inner ear: Repeat the step above with the Brown 1-1/4" circle. Making sure to slide the brown circle in to the punch slightly little less than you did with the yellow circle to create a smaller piece.
c. Glue the inner ear and outer ear pieces together, then set them aside.
2. Ossicones (Ossicones are the antler- like or horn-like protuberances on the head of giraffes.): To create an ossicone, Glue 1/4" circle to the end of a ~1/8" x 1/2" scrap to create one. Repeat to create the second. :)
a. Trim the 1/2" circle so that it looks like the one shown below.
4. Mouth - For the mouth a a yellow 1/2" circle and a pink 1/2" circleTo create the mouth trim the 1/2" pink circle and cut it into quarters as shown below.
5. Eyes - Glue the ~1/8" circles (Blue or Brown) to the 1/2" white circles as shown below.
7. Assemble the remaining pieces.