Stampin' Up!'s Clear Mounted Stamps are becoming more and more popular. Like anything, they are easy to use when you know how. Let us review how.
When you receive your clear mount stamp set from Stampin' Up! , it will include the rubber stamps and cling stickers.
To begin using them, attach the cling (clear sticker with the image) to the back of the rubber stamp.
Here is a simple way to attach the image stickers easily.
The sticker that you added to the back of the rubber stamp NOT needed for the rubber stamp to cling to the acrylic block. It is meant as a tool to help align your stamped image.
Occasionally the rubber stamps don't cling! This seems to happen most often when they are dirty or haven't been used in a long time. Technically it happens because there isn't enough static to hold the rubber stamp and acrylic block together.
Funny Side Note: Whenever I think of Static Cling, I think of the latex balloons that my kids us for water balloon fights. When I was a kid we would blow them up, rub them on our heads and make them stick to the wall. This is the same essentially the same way that the rubber stamps cling to the acrylic blocks.
Tips for regaining the static cling....
- Clean the acrylic block and/or back of the rubber stamp with soapy water or Stampin' Mist and dry with paper towel. Sometimes just rubbing the block on your skirt or pants is enough.
- If you have applied labels to your stamps, you need to press the stamp to the block with moderate amount of pressure for a few seconds in order for it to cling. To do this,
- Place the rubber stamp with the stamping surface down.
- Place the acrylic block over it
- Push down like you were stamping an image
- Hold for a few seconds. Repeat Steps 1 & 2 as needed.